Private Ice is ice time reserved for individual or semi-private lessons for multiple skaters. The skater can practice on their own during this ice time or they can schedule a time for a lesson with one of our coaches. The skater must schedule their own private lesson with a coach. See the Coaches page for contact information. Private ice cost is paid to NUFSC but coaching fees are paid directly to the coach. If your coach is not there and you are signed up for private ice you can still use your ice to practice. Refunds will not be permitted if your coach is not there. If you are receiving lessons from a coach on New Ulm Civic Center Open Skate and you are a NUFSC club member, you MUST be purchasing private ice contracts through the club.
SUMMER PRIVATE ICE CONTRACTS
Wednesday 5:45-6:45pm (Wed 1) and 7:00-8:00pm (Wed 2)
June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, July 13, 20, 27, Aug 3, 10, 17, 24 (off July 6) (12 days)
Thursday 5:45-6:45pm (Thurs 1) and 7:00-8:00pm (Thurs 2)
June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 14, 21, 28, Aug 4, 11, 18, 25 (off July 7) (12 days)
Sunday 3:45-4:45pm (Sun 1), 5:00-6:00pm (Sun 2), and 6:15-7:15pm (Sun 3)
June 5, 12, 26, July 10, 17, 24, 31, Aug 7, 14, 21,28 (off June 19, July 3) (11 days)
Parents of private ice skaters will need to sign up to do one shift of ice monitoring per skater they have on private ice. If you do not sign up and complete your required hour(s) by the end of the session, you will be charged $35 per uncompleted hour. Extra ice monitoring hours completed will be credited $7 per hour in club credit with a maximum of 3 hours per session per family.
- Registration will be first come first serve when registering on the website.
- One Ice Monitor hour is required per session per skater. Sign up information is emailed out to all parents with private ice contracts. Ice monitors take attendance, help younger skaters with skates, if needed, and watch over the skaters if they need anything.
All skaters MUST come over and say their name to the ice monitor before skating on the contract.
Private Ice Minimum Recommendations for skaters who wish to do private ice and/or have private lessons:
Beg. 1 – Beta: 1/2 Contract
Gamma – FS 2: 1 Contract
FS 3 and above: 1 Contract in Spring and Summer, 2 Contracts in Fall and Winter
- Review Private Ice dates/times found on this webpage. They can also be found on the Calendar.
- Click on Sign Up Now, My Account and then log in or create an account.
- Click on Sign Up Now to view items available. Start by clicking on Individual Membership or Family Membership, enter the information requested and click Add to Cart. If you have a beginner skater and do not need to purchase membership, still complete this section. There will be no charge for membership if it does not apply to you.
- Return to Sign Up Now and choose Private Ice….
- Enter the Skater’s Name, choose all full and half contracts for that individual skater, choose if you would prefer to pay in full, enter responsible adult contact information, and click Add to Cart.
- If you have another skater, enter that individual separately by returning to the Sign Up Now page repeating step #5.
- After completing choices for all your skaters, go to the cart. Click on Proceed to Checkout.
- Confirm Billing Information, click Continue.
- Enter order notes here if you have any. Click Continue to Review and Payment
- Click on Place Order. An invoice will be emailed to you within 72 hours. If you need one sooner or have not received one, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check or cash payments are preferred. They can be placed in the NUFSC drop box, North Rink by the bulletin board, at the Civic Center rink or mailed to NUFSC, PO Box 2, New Ulm, MN 56073. You can also pay your invoice with a credit card online through your invoice.
- There is a $25 late fee if you purchase private ice after the deadline, approximately 1 week before the start of the private ice session. Brand new skaters to private ice will not be charged a late fee if they start in the middle of a private ice session.