New Ulm Figure Skating Club allows members of other ISI or USFS figure skating clubs to walk-on NUFSC private ice contracts provided there is availability on the contract. These skaters are referred to as “guest skaters“.
Rates for walk-ons are listed on the private ice page. If an NUFSC contract is full (22 skaters on the ice), walk-on skaters will be the first asked to leave the ice. This occasionally happens before the NUFSC competition in November.
Mankato Figure Skating Club members have reciprocity. That rate is also listed on the private ice page.
All guest skaters must:
- be an ISI or USFS member in good standing
- create an account on our Parent Portal
- make payment either through the Parent Portal (ice times can be purchased in the Shop) or by bringing a check or cash at the time of skating
- review safety rules before entering NUFSC ice
- All skaters must also check in with the ice monitor before entering the ice.
If a skater wants to play program music on an NUFSC private ice contract. They will need to purchase a Rink Music tag through the Parent Portal Shop and wait for that number to be sent to them. This can take a few days depending on personnel availability. Then they will need to upload music in advance to their Rink Music account. There is a small cost associated with this.
Associate Club Membership information can be found on the NUFSC Membership Page.
“Guest coaches” are also allowed to coach on NUFSC private ice contracts. An official policy with requirements is under development.